Students and staff of Ara Institute of Canterbury are encouraged to apply for funding grants from Ara Foundation.
Ara Foundation will consider grant applications of up to $5,000 at any time throughout the year.
Outcomes of application decisions will be made approximately 20 days from the date the application is received and payment made following that.
Grant applications above $5,000 will be assessed at Ara Foundation meetings throughout the year.
Applications are to be received by 5pm, 20 days prior to Ara Foundation meetings.
Significant grant application closing dates for 2017:
- Wednesday 12 July | Ara Foundation meeting: Tuesday 1 August
- Wednesday 18 October | Ara Foundation meeting: Tuesday 7 November
- Wednesday 22 November | Ara Foundation meeting: Tuesday 12 December
Five special Ara Foundation grants are awarded to students who demonstrate expertise or want to pursue studies in a particular field.
All applications must meet the following criteria:
- Applications can be received from Ara students or staff.
- Applicants must complete an initial grant application via the Ara Foundation Grant Application Form
Applications will be evaluated on how well they meet the following criteria:
- Student involvement and benefits
- Industry/community partner who is making a tangible contribution
- Evidence of the applicant’s track record to deliver
- A clear brief/purpose
- Measurable milestones
- Rigorous accountability reporting mechanism
- Regulatory approval mechanisms (such as approval by the Ethics Committee) have been sought where necessary
- Promotion of technology and/or information transfer between Ara and industry
- Creating opportunities for participation and success for those groups currently underrepresented in vocational and applied education
- Developing infrastructure at and around Ara campuses which creates an environment where students will be attracted, retained and successful in their studies.